marți, 6 octombrie 2009

5 seconds

Nothing compares to a walk late at night while smoking a cigarette. These streets are empty with the exception of some stray cats and dogs and beggars who are sleeping or still awake. I can’t imagine how hard sleeping must be during cold February nights like this one. I don’t look at them in the eye because I know that if I do I’ll see only empty orbs with no souls in them. For me these beings are not people anymore. They are just empty shells which lay on the freezing concrete. I continue walking until I see another empty shell.
-D’ya have any change, miss? an old woman asks while she tries to reach me with one of her bony and wrinkled hands
-Nope. I tell her and calmly continue smoking my cigarette
-Please? she tries again
Ah…The magic word. See? Some people can ask nicely. 
-Actually I do have some change around here. 
I look into my purse and notice that my wallet is missing. I must have left it at my office. I search my pockets and find 10 dollars. After tonight I have a good chance of going to prison for murder so why not give the money? She’ll probably buy a nice bottle of booze and get drunk. At least that’s what I’d do if I were her. I give her the money.
-Thank you miss! God bless you. 
-Yeah…He has already blessed me with a man that’s jealous to the bone. 
I whisper this so silently even I can’t hear myself. The old woman is about to say something but I walk away, continuing my way back home. It’s starting to snow and the temperature is so cold the stones are cracking. And little me wears only one leather coat. See? I’m sooooo smart even Einstein looks stupid compared to me. I can’t stand it anymore so I’m calling a taxi! Now I realize… there are no cars on these bloody streets.
-Lady Luck hates me really bad…
What can I do? I take another puff and eventually after some time I see a cab. The driver stops and opens the car door for me as I enter. 
-7th avenue please.
-No problem miss. 
One we arrive I get out of the car and continue to walk until I reach my apartment. I don’t need a key because the door’s always open. He’s waiting for me… again. This time only I’m going to be the boss. 
-Hello dear. he welcomes me
-Hello…honey. 
I greet him, words full of venom. He’s sitting in an armchair with a bottle of wine next to him. MY wine. His piercing blue eyes look straight into mine. He’s at it…again. 
-Where have you been?
Calm and collected, but after seconds he’ll be raging like a crazy bull.
-Work. I answer
-Yeah right… Work… I bet you’re with your boss… fucking him for a better salary.
His words don’t reach me anymore. Over years I’ve learned to keep my calm, but I’ve failed at one point. Now I’m not going to give in. I’m going to stand my ground. I slowly walk into our room and take my jacket off. Calm and collected. This is how I’m going to be…this time. I take my shot gun and two bullets and surprise him when he walks into the rooms after me. 
-This time…I’m going to be the boss…cupcake. I tell him
I need only 5 seconds.
1. I load it. He steps back with obvious fear in his eyes. 
-Y-you can’t. 
-You could… how is it that I can’t?
2. He loses control. Without a weapon he’s nothing. 
-N-NO!!!!
3.I point the weapon at him.
4. I take the safety off.
-Happy Valentine’s day… my beloved. 
5. Smirking…I shoot him. 


Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu